DIY healthy, wholesome super food salad in a jar
Looking for meal prep ideas? Here’s a quick and easy one: gather some of your favourite super foods in a mason jar, drizzle a bit of dressing and boom! You’ve got a satisfying and healthy meal ready to go.
Here are some super foods you can include:
- Broccoli – packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Walnuts – Great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, supports weight control and can decrease inflammation
- Almonds – High in Vitamin E, loaded with antioxidants and can help lower cholesterol levels
- Blueberries – Low calorie but high in nutrients!
- Quinoa – High in fiber, nutritious, high in protein and perfect for people with gluten-intolerance
- Lentils – Rich in complex carbohydrates which boost the metabolism and help the body burn fat
- Beets – May help in improving digestive health, supporting brain health and keeping blood pressure in check
- Spinach – Terrific source of important nutrients such as magnesium and protein
- Squash – Boosts bone strength and helps the body’s ability to process fats and carbs
- Pumpkin seeds – Promotes a healthy heart and liver, contains anti-diabetic effects
- Avocado – Contains heart-healthy fats and is loaded with fiber
- Red cabbage – High in Vitamin C, rich in minerals and antioxidants
- Kale – One of the most nutrient-dense foods on Earth! Loaded with powerful antioxidants and Vitamin C
- Mandarin oranges – Great source of fiber, potassium and Vitamin C!
What are your top super foods for a tasty salad?